For most women, finding the right guy after 50 can be frustrating and tiresome. I’ve found the women who get out there and have fun dating and finding quality men have had these 10 traits in common that I want to share with you today.
1. Women who are happily dating feel really great about themselves. They lead active lives that make them exciting, passionate and interesting to men. They’ll make space for men and the lives they’ll lead together without giving themselves and all the activities in their own lives up just to please men.
2. They know how to get into their girl-girlness, their true feminine power, which has men jumping over themselves to please women who know this. Here’s the key to know how much of a girly-girl you are… Do you want the man in your life to respect or cherish you first? If you said cherish, I’d guess you have men lining up to date you.
3. Women who know and speak the language men can hear have a huge advantage over other women out there. If you share the types of stories you’d share with your girlfriend, you’ll lose him at hello. He can’t follow what your sister’s best friend’s husband did to his wife.
4. Ever watch Scarlet O’Hara in Gone With The Wind? This woman wrote the book on how to let a man be a man. It didn’t matter what a man did for her… She didn’t criticize him or tell him how to do his job. Both of these are huge keys into a man’s psyche.
5. My clients who found great guys online had awesome profiles that drew men in using a story a man could imagine himself in. True, they worked with me on their profiles, which helped because I showed them what to do to keep out the guys they didn’t want to meet. But you can write an amazing profile that draws men to you too.
6. Women who have success dating online don’t judge a book by its cover. To find the right guy online, you want to be willing to look beyond the selfies, the motorcycles and the guys who post pictures with blondes or their friends. Online dating is one-dimensional, meaning you can’t see how a man’s personality and looks blend. You want to take the time to read profiles. Also, look at the environment surrounding him in his picture…it can also give you an idea of who he is.
7. Women who have the most fun dating go on dates looking to meet someone new and interesting. They don’t do interviews and they don’t check off imaginary must-have checklists that knocks guys out faster than you can drink a cup of coffee. There are good guys out there who could be your friend too. And who knows? Sometimes, a friend can become the one. You’ll never know unless you give that nice guy a chance.
8. Women who date men who aren’t their usual type find there are far more good men out there to date than they ever imagined. It’s easy to get in a rut, dating the same guy just with different clothes over and over again. You’re attracted to him not because he’s good for you but because he feels safe and comfortable, like that old pair of shoes you can’t seem to throw away.
9. Women who find the guy they’ve wanted don’t give up. A BIG mistake women make is giving up on dating after five dates with five not so great guys. To be successful at dating over 50, you have to keep at it. Keep getting out there meeting those new and interesting men we talked about in number 7. Try new dating sites. There are a lot of niche sites out there that cater to different interests you might have.
10. The women who have the most fun dating and meeting Mr. Right get help when they need it. They recognize they can’t always do it all alone – and they don’t have to. Whether they read a book by a dating expert, visit a therapist or seek out a dating coach, what distinguishes them from women who are miserable dating is they take action to get the advice they need, then use what they learn to meet the right guy for them.
Today, make it a point to take one action step that can get you closer to meeting the right guy for you.
[+] Lisa Copeland is the best-selling author and dating coach who makes finding a great guy fun and easier after 50. Learn the “5 Little Known Secrets To Find A Quality Man” at www.findaqualityman.com.