Our advice? Do Not Upgrade Your BBM To New Version 184.108.40.206!
The new BBM is so slow that it freezes phones! You do not want your BB to hang, it is better you keep using the old version 220.127.116.11
If you have already upgraded your BBM and would like to downgrade, follow these steps below.
1. Press Your Blackberry button to go to Menu
2. Select Applications in your Menu
3. Run Blackberry Protect and backup your contacts
4. After backup is complete, go back to Menu
5. Select ‘Options’
6. Select ‘Device’ inside Options
7. Select ‘Application Management’ inside Device
8. Scroll to Blackberry Messenger and delete it
9 After deleting is complete, it will ask you to restart your phone, let it restart’
10. After your phone restarts, just type ‘about’ at the home screen of your phone and some icons will pop-up (Browser History, Social Feeds, Facebook, Options, Help etc)
11. Select Options and Click ‘About Device Versions’ to see your Blackberry OS version
You will see an option that looks like this…
Blackberry (R) 9900
smartphone (3G, CDMA, Wi-Fi)
7.1 Bundle 921 (v18.104.22.1687, platform 22.214.171.124)
The red text above tells you that the device is running OS Version 7.1 (Note: Yours might be different from this…maybe 6.1, 7.0 and so on)…
12. After taking note of your OS version
13. Make sure your phone Network is on 3G (for fast download ) and Download the corresponding Blackberry Messenger according to your OS from the list below…
Blackberry Messenger v126.96.36.199 (OS5)
Blackberry Messenger v188.8.131.52 (OS6)
Blackberry Messenger v184.108.40.206 (OS7)
Blackberry Messenger v220.127.116.11 (OS7.1)
14. After Clicking on any of the links above, a new page will appear, wait for the page to load completely, lets say 10 seconds.
15. After the page loads completely, scroll to the top right side of the page and click ‘SKIP AD’
16. Download and Blackberry Messenger that will pop up, then RUN IT. This usually takes time to complete but if its taking so much time lets say more than 30 minutes, remove your phone’s battery and put it back.
After your phone comes up, you will have your old Blackberry Messenger back. Enjoy!
What’s your experience? Share it with us in the comment box!